Ready, Set, Quiché!
- Warm Words from the Qanil Women’s Group
- H2H Aug 2012 Iquitos, Peru Takes Form
- H2H Dec 2012 Peten, Guatemala Awaits You!
Warm Words from the Qanil Women
The latest email from Paulina confirming our visit this month to Quiché, Guatemala arrived yesterday. Here is her original message in Spanish; the English translation follows:
El grupo esta bien con mucho trabajo pero bien con mucho entusiamos y perparadas para la jornada.
Perimero queremos compartir que cada una de la integrantes del gurpo pues esta con un compromiso cerio, pero tambien tienen su familia y tienen que trabajar fuera de la casa para cubrir nececidades de la familia y personales el tiempo que dedican al grupo es boluntario y cuando no es posible estar es por que tienen que trabajar.
Uno de los objetivos del grupo es ser multiplicadoras de los aprendisajes y ver que podemos compartir con otros grupo que estan en el mismo camino y relizando trabajo comunitario para le biennestar la realcion con las compañeras de coban lo tenemos desde hace mas de 4 años las conocemos muy bien, y no es facil para muchas mujeres dejar su casa 5 o 8 dias las que logra hacerlo pues las tenemos que apoyar y motivarlas creo que hasta hoy nadie esta por capricho como uno lo diria lo que sabemos es que este es un camino y vamos juntos aprendiendo sin lastimarnos.
Solo ver que somos de diferentes culturas y relidades la situacion economica de aqui es muy diferente a a la de ustedes, pero estamos muy agradecidas por todo lo que ustedes como eHealer2Healer esta haciendo y compartiendo seguro que nostras no tenemos como pagar lo que ustedes se merecen, estamos con compromiso y por lo mismo es que estamos en este camino con mucho agradecieminto al universo.
The group (Qanil) is well, working hard, but very enthusiastic and prepared for the community clinic day.
First, we simply want to share that every one in our group, our membership, comes with a serious commitment; yet each of us also has a family and has to work outside the home to meet family and personal necessities. The personal time devoted to the group is voluntary and when it is not possible to attend meetings, it is because of work.
One of the group’s goals is to be multipliers of learnings and we see to it that we share with other groups which are on the same path and realizing work forthe benefit and welfare of our communities.
The relationship we have with our neighbors from Cobán we have had for over 4 years. We know them very well. It is not easy for many women to leave their homes for 5 or 8 days. Those that arrive at doing so, we simply need to support and motivate them. I think until now no one is here on a whim, as one might say. What we know is that this is a journey and we proceed together without harming ourselves.
Just observing that we [all] are from different cultures and worlds and that the economic situation here is very different from yours there, we are but verygrateful for all that Healer2Healer is doing and sharing. We can safely say that we have no way to repay what you deserve, however we are withcommitment and therefore we join on this path with much gratitude to the Universe.
H2H Quiche, Guatemala: April 18-28, 2012
Motivated by the effectiveness of the treatments that H2H brings to Guatemala, the Qanil Women invited their neighbors from Cobán to be trained along side them. As the above email mentions, the women’s group from Cobán is just as enthusiastic about this opportunity to bring new healing modes to their communities. Through their healing hands, Healer2Healer’s goals are being carried out not only in Quiché, but will gradually be spreading throughout Cobán.
- A Group Meeting for the 10 participants going on this trip is scheduled for Sunday, April 15, 2012 from 1-5pm at PCOM-New York. 5thFl., Rm 12 (915 Broadway, btw 20th and 21st). Meet us after to celebrate!
There is still space for 3 more participants. Listen to your heart.
- Recall that Quiche is a much-affected area where emotional trauma from personal war tragedies that still reverberates in the Maya towns and communities.
- Auricular acupuncture and ancillary treatments (cupping, moxa), and Reiki help calm the mind of those traumas that linger. Your healing hands can help. The Qanil Women observed that the protocols “give a greater sense of well-being for the patients”. This is a paramount step toward community healing!
- You will add to the health of the community as well as get valuable community clinic experience. Acupuncture students say that they bring back a refreshing experiential perspective that enhances their studies.
- Licensed healthcare practitioners say that they renew and reaffirm their professional purpose. LAc’s also receive valuable continuing education units; students of NADA get hours of field experience credit.
The H2H program includes unforgettable clinic days, practice and trainings in acupuncture, H2H protocol, Reiki, auricular (5-points and Battlefield), moxa, and cupping (approx. 40-50 hours). Team leaders for this trip are Prof. Tom Nash, LAc and Kristin Reed, Reiki Master Teacher. Included are two “decompression” days at Lake Atitlan. 10 nights: $900 include above-mentioned clinic training and experience, 7 CEUs, double accommodations, regular meals, and inland transport. Airfare (not included) is around $481 round trip New York, for example, as of today, April 3.
1) April 15, 2012: PCOM 915 Broadway (btw 20th and 21st); New York, 5th Fl. Rm. 12. Thank you, Cynthia Neipris for the room to meet.
2) Apr 27-28: AAAOM-Student Organization Conference, Chicago, IL. Thank you to Joy Andrews for the invitation to present during my spring recess from teaching! http://www.aaaomonline.org/
H2H 2012 Trips
Iquitos, Peru 2012, scheduled for Aug 21-Sep 1, 2012
Aug 21 – Arrive in Iquitos, Peru
Aug 22 - Orientation, Tour, Ground and Enjoy the Jungle
Aug 23 - Field Trip / Tribe Visit
Aug 24 - Medicine Talk, Grandmother ceremony (Roman/Cynthia Arrive)
Aug 25 - Day of Integration, Sharing Circle, Medicinal Plant Walk, Permaculture Patterning Class
Aug 26 - Grandfather Ceremony
Aug 27 - Integration Day, Prep for Clinic
Aug 28-31 - 4 full-day community clinic
Sept 1 - Departure Day from Iquitos, Peru
Preparation for this trip:
- Tuesday, May 15, 2012 from 4-6pm: Roman and Cynthia talk to those interested in this trip. Short presentation of Healer2Healer. Venue TBA.
- Monthly herb and medicinal plant talks (May, June, July), 2 hours each, including clinic preparation.
- Our clinic experience includes an MD doctor from the local department of health on site helping us with clinic.
- The clinic will be housed in the local school with cement floors, running water, and functioning restrooms.
Peten, Guatemala 2012, scheduled for Dec 15-30, 2012
The Peru and Peten trips are very similar to 2011 in schedule, dates, and program. More details next month.
Until next time; Have a great April.