H2H Zacualpa, Guatemala: April 18-28, 2012
The indigenous women of Quiche, known as the Qanil Maya Womens Group (Grupo de Mujeres Mayas Qanil), are preparing to host the Healer2Healer team in Zacualpa. This community lies in the Guatemalan Highlands of the Departamento del Quiche, Guatemala, Central America.
[An informational talk on this trip is scheduled for March 1, 2012 from 5-6pm at PCOM-New York. To be confirmed.]
The Qanil Women recounted to me last month that Zacualpa is quite in need of the health services that H2H provides. Dona Magdalena and Paulina Yus are the spokeswomen for the group and have been treating this area as “barefeet” practitioners. After practicing basic treatment protocols taught to them by H2H, they know how effective our treatments are from patient feedback. They feel confident to once again arrange the next clinic experience in Zacualpa, Quiche this April. Consider joining us!
The general vicinity of Quiche has been much affected by a 36-year armed conflict, which ended barely 16 years ago. Emotional traumas from that time still reverberate in these Maya towns and communities. Auricular acupuncture and ancillary treatments (cupping, moxa), and Reiki help calm the mind of those traumas that linger. The Qanil Women observed that the protocols “give a greater sense of well-being for the patients”. This is paramount toward community healing. Recall Carmen’s inspirational story from the January update, for example.
Your opportunity to help and learn happens this April 18-28, 2012. You will add to the health of the community as well as get valuable community clinic experience. Acupuncture students say that they bring back a refreshing experiential perspective that enhances their studies. Licensed healthcare practitioners say that they renew and reaffirm their professional purpose. LAc’s also receive valuable continuing education units.
The H2H program includes: Unforgettable clinic days, practice and trainings in acupuncture, H2H protocol, Reiki, auricular, moxa, and cupping. Team leaders for this trip are Prof. Tom Nash, LAc and Kristin Reed, Reiki Master Teacher. Included are two “decompression” days at Lake Atitlan. 10 nights= $900, includes above clinic training, 7 CEUs, double accommodations, regular meals, and inland transport.
Apply now: Email apply@Healer2Healer.org for an automatically-generated application.
Mail the application to:
172 5th Ave 5C
New York, NY 10010.
All bookings must be paid by March 31, 2012. Limit: 15 participants.
- Check out international flights at www.Kayak.com, ITA Software, and your favorite airline sites. Use your points. Prices from NYC-Guatemala City are less than $450, round trip with taxes (as per Feb 13th).
- Please arrange arrival in Guatemala City around noon on April 18, 2012. Private shuttle leaves airport at 2pm to arrive in Quiche by sundown.
- Apr 18: Arrival; Greeting and dinner by Qanil, overnight in Quiche
- Apr 19: Breakfast and arrival in Zacualpa; acclimate, set up clinic, training, ceremony
- Apr 20-24: Trainings, teachings, intense Community Clinic Week
- Apr 25-26: Arrive at Lake Atitlan (Panajachel or San Marcos?) decompress, shop, tourism, relax, swim, spa, eat, etc.
- Apr 27: late afternoon arrival in Guatemala City overnight and farewell dinner.
- Apr 28: breakfast, courtesy shuttle to airport for return flights.